Studying abroad is one of the most beneficial and rewarding experiences for a college student. By studying abroad, students have the opportunity to study in a foreign nation and take in the culture of a new place. Not only does study abroad give students the right exposure but also provides them with global career opportunities.
But apart from traveling and earning a degree from a prestigious university, there are many more reasons why students choose to travel abroad to study.
Let’s take a look at 25 reasons why you should think about studying abroad.
- It would increase your chances of getting a job. Your study abroad experiences will most likely impress a potential employer from the start of your interview. Companies all over the world are investing in the global market and prefer to hire people with international experience.
- You’d get to meet a variety of people. Universities with international student programs welcome students from a wide range of countries around the world. As a result, you will not only get to know the people of your host country, but you will also get to know a global student population.
- You’d learn to be self-sufficient. Living on your own, managing your budget, meals, transportation, residence, safety, and security will undoubtedly provide you with a taste of complete independence. This independence is likely to make you self-sufficient and more responsible for your responsibilities, not only during your program, but also when you return home.
- You would gain a better understanding of different cultures: International colleges function as global hubs. You will learn about various cultures, including their people, customs, and traditions. This will teach you more cultural sensitivity and tolerance for all types of people.
- You would gain a better understanding of yourself. Putting yourself in an unfamiliar situation will help you better understand yourself. You’ll discover your strengths and weaknesses, as well as areas where you need to improve.
- You’d have the opportunity to be spontaneous and daring: What is college life without a little bit of excitement and adventure? You are young, full of energy, and eager to learn new things. Being in a new place will allow you to express your adventurous side. Whether you choose to follow local traditions or adventure sports such as trekking and skydiving, studying abroad can be a thrilling experience.
- You would build an international network: Having the opportunity to meet people from all over the world will allow you to make friends in every country. This will assist you in developing a global network for yourself that you can use when travelling abroad at a later date in your life.
- You can apply for international student funding by doing the following: The cost of studying abroad is something that many students are concerned about. International student funding, aid, and scholarships are becoming more common than ever before, which is great news for you. Some countries even waive tuition for all students, including international students.
- You can take advantage of this ‘ideal time’ to travel: As a student, you may not have any dependents, a mortgage, or a maximum of 21 holidays per year. Once you’ve settled down with commitments like these, chances are you won’t be travelling much.
- You can travel during this ‘ideal time’ by doing the following: As a student, you may not have any dependents, a mortgage, or an annual vacation limit of 21 days. You are unlikely to travel much once you have settled down with commitments like these.
- You could work part-time as an English teacher: If you are coming from an English-speaking country, you can turn that into a job opportunity by teaching your language to the locals. However, make sure to check the policies of your school and international program regarding this.
- Moving abroad is the ultimate test of one’s self-sufficiency. When (or if) you return, you will most likely rely less on others and take more responsibility for yourself.
- You will gain new skills. The best part is that studying abroad will instil in you some amazing qualities such as confidence, networking skills, independence, hard work, and so on.
- Instead of living in a dorm, you can stay with a local host family, which is the best way to learn as much as possible about how locals live.
- Studying abroad allows you to travel to places that have always been on your wishlist. Many universities in the world’s most popular cities, such as Paris, Rome, and Hong Kong, accept international students.
- It will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Many students regard their year abroad as the highlight of their studies.
- In terms of finances, you can use your spare time to look for a part-time job and earn some extra cash, which you can then use to travel around the country you’re staying in.
- After studying abroad for a while, you will be less afraid of starting your career in a foreign country, which could be a huge advantage for you.
- Studying abroad will allow you to gain a better understanding of yourself. Having to care for yourself in a completely new environment will reveal your strengths and weaknesses, which may be important in your future life.
- It is possible to learn new languages with minimal effort. It is much easier to learn a language when you use it when conversing with new friends.
- You will try new and exciting foods. Every country has its own cuisine and national dishes, and chances are you’ll enjoy some of them.
- You will be able to study new and exciting subjects that are not offered at your home university.
- Studying abroad is an excellent way to boost your CV or resume. Employers typically prefer candidates with international experience during job interviews.
- It is one of the best ways to learn about a new country and culture. A tourist visiting for a two-week vacation will never be able to experience the place as intensely and intimately as you will during your long-term stay.
- The majority of successful businesses in Africa and Asia were founded by individuals who gained international exposure and education. Econet, Celtel, IrokoTv, Jumia, and other companies. If you are curious, studying abroad may lead you to new ways to solve a problem back home.
Whether you plan to study abroad or work abroad you have to take care of many things which sometimes become a problem. So, if you wish to study in countries like the USA, Canada, UK, and Australia, to accomplish your goal?
Contact Edandimmigo today and get free counseling from our expert team.
Edandimmigo is one of the top overseas educational consultancies in India to study abroad programs in top universities across the world.