• 9160466446
  • info@edandimmigo.com


Years Of Experience

US Study visa

Not Just Traditional Visa & Immigration Firm

The United States welcomes foreign citizens who come to the U.S. to study. Before applying for a visa, all student visa applicants are required to be accepted and approved by their school or program.

The United States of America (USA) hosts the most number of international students in the world. Quality education, a unique curriculum, a multicultural environment, and abundant opportunities are just some of the reasons why many Indian students want to study in the US.

F-1 VISA - If you plan to engage in academic study at a U.S. institution then you need an F-1 visa.
M-1 VISA- If you plan to engage in non-academic or vocational study or training at a U.S. institution then you need an M-1 visa.

Eligibility Criteria

Here are the eligibility criteria to apply to US universities

  • Completed application form
  • Proof of secondary school completion (12 years)
  • Certificate of English language proficiency
  • Evidence of financial support (with the i20 form)


There are three intakes for US universities.

Intake 1:
Intake 2: January
Intake 3r: May

Documents Required

You would generally need to provide the following documents along with your application for a student visa:

  • Resume / Curriculum vitae (2 Page resume with your Projects & Area of interest and duly signed by the student)
  • SSC Marks sheet (photocopies with sign & seal (Attested) by principal in sealed envelopes or any Gazetted officer)
  • Intermediate Mark sheet (photocopies with sign & seal (Attested) by principal in sealed envelopes or any Gazetted officer)
  • Graduation degree certificate (Official Copies of each semester wise mark sheets attested by Registrar /controller of Exams  given in sealed covers)
  • If the student in the final year, Course completion Certificate
  • (Attested by college principal in a sealed envelope)
  • Provisional certificate & consolidate certificate (Attested by registrar of the university in a sealed envelope)
  • Any other Qualification or extra-Curricular Records National  Level
  • (Attested by graduation collage in a second envelope)
  • Photo Copies of recent GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL score reports
  • Evidence of financial support (with the 1-20 form)
  • Three Recommendations letters from HOD/Professors/Lecturer of Graduation College letterhead, duly signed, dated in each copy, and given in sealed covers.
  • Statement of purpose (2 Page document stating your goals, academic profile, projects, skills, and reason for selecting that particular University duly signed by the student)
  • Bank statement (Taken on a Bank Letterhead with Managers signature & seal bearing the date, type of account (checking/saving), A/C NO, amount should be mentioned equivalent to us i.e., Around US $ 45000 to 5000 (one-year tuition & living Expenses)
  • Affidavit of support from the sponsor. (Rs.10 Non-judicial stamp paper & duly signed by the sponsor, stating that she/he will be sponsoring the student and that they have enough financial resources to bear the total Tuition fee & living expenses).
  • Photocopy of passport First and last pages duly attested/notarized
  • Work Experience Letter / Paper presentations ( if any )

Applying Process

Here is the applying process for US student visa.you need to undergo the following process :

Apply to a SEVP-approved school and obtain an I-20


The first step is to apply to a SEVP-approved school.


 After the SEVP-approved school accepts your enrollment, you will be registered for the SEVIS and must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. The SEVP-approved school will issue you a Form I-20. After you receive the Form I-20 and register in SEVIS, you may apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a student (F or M) visa. You must present the Form I-20 to the consular officer when you attend your visa interview.


If your spouse and/or children intend to live with you in the United States while you study, they must also enroll in SEVIS, obtain individual Form I-20s from the SEVP-approved school, and apply for a visa (but they do not pay the SEVIS fee).


Visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Student and Exchange Visitor Program website to learn more about SEVIS and the SEVIS I-901 Fee.


Visit the Department of State EducationUSA website to learn about educational opportunities for undergraduate and graduate Study, and an overview of the application process. You can also visit the DHS Study in the States school search page to search for SEVP-certified schools.




Fill an online Visa Application Form:

    Once you have made your SEVIS-fee payment, you are required to fill the online application DS-160 form. While filling the online DS-160 form, you need to ensure that you have all the proper documentation for the details you are filling in your application. You will be required to provide the following personal details while filling our online application DS-160 form.
    • Your Full Name
    • Date of Birth
    • Details of your Passport
    • Details of your previous visits to the United States, if any.
    • Details about your travel plans and travel companions, if any.
    • Your point of contact in the United States. Details about your family, including their names, occupations, and other personal information.
    • Your education details.
    • Details about your previous work experience, if any.
    • Your SEVIS ID
    • Address of the school/program/college/university you intend to enroll in as mentioned in your I-20 or DS-2020 form.

Attending the interview:

The last step towards earning your US student visa is attending your interview. You should be able to answer questions asked during the interview. Most questions are designed to check whether:

  • Your primary purpose of going to the United States is to study.
  • You have the required skills to complete and pass your course.
  • You can pay your expenses in the United States.
  • You intend to return to the home country post completion of your studies.
  • You do not pose a security risk to the United States.

Cost of Applying for US Student Visas

The US universities fall under two major categories public funded private institutions.International students tuition expenses at state schools are based on non resident costs,which are still usually less expensive than those of private univerwsities.you will need approximately $10,000 to $55,000 annually to cover your tuition fees


                Study Program

Approximate tuition fees in USD Dollars 

            Undergraduate Bachelor  Degree

          $15,000 to $40,000 P.A

            Graduate Programs

          $20,000 to $40,000 P.A

            Doctoral Degree

          $20,000 to $ 45,000 P.A

Processing Time for Student Visa

Applying for an F-1 or M-1 student visa for study in the U.S. is not normally a lengthy process. Nevertheless, you will need to figure out two separate calendaring issues:
  • The admission schedule for the schools to which you plan to apply, and
  • The typical processing schedule for the U.S. consulate through which you will obtain your visa.

Your student visa application is generally approved or denied during your visa interview. If your student visa is approved, you will get your passport along with your US student visa within 7 to 10 working days. However, most interviewers will not inform you about the approval or rejection of your application, and you will need to wait till you receive your passport. 


You should commence with your travel plans only after receiving your US student visa as an interview is not a guarantee of issuance of your student visa.F1 visa holders do not require to book a return ticket, and you can enter the United States 30 – days before the start of your course as mentioned on your I-20 form.


Do not forget to carry your passport, your I-20 form, and all the other documents you carried with you during your US students visa interview. You might need these documents as immigration as well.


Get Free Online Visa Assessment Today!

Top Rated By Customers & Immigration Firms With 100% Success Rate.

Apply Visa Now

Our Knowledge partner:
Cambridge University Press

We work with Registered IAA Agents.

× Tell me more on my Whatsapp